Monday 16 May 2011

Gdes2000: Final Prototype Student Designs

Second year student prototype designs for both the Hurd Library site re-build and the annual Children's Storytelling Festival at the University of Worcester.

Tuesday Morning Group
[Click on images to view the linked site on test]

Student reflections from final reports:
Student 01
"... I now have the knowledge and understanding of [Dreamweaver's] design elements, coding methods and style sheets; something I feel gives me a great basis to build upon in the near future."
Student 02
"... I am happy with what I have learned as this module progressed over time, and with a bit more experience, would be confident in creating more websites."
Student 03
"Overall over the 2 semesters I feel I learned about the importance of usability in a website. No matter how good looking a website is, the website must transmit information to the audience easily."
Student 04
“ I learnt a lot of things through out this module… The main thing… that you need to change the simplicity of the website for different audiences.”
Student 05
"This project has challenged my capabilities as a web designer… The additional time spent learning how to implement this within a content management system will be invaluable to my integrative approach to web design in the future.”
Student 06
“Although I feel I am still far from a professional level of web design, I believe that my skills have come a long way from knowing nothing at the beginning of the module.”
Student 07 
“Dreamweaver was completely new software to master… but once I’d got the idea clear in my head it made it easier to use and everything  slotted into place…”

Maria Bayley

 Ollie Cambridge

 Will Carey

Israt Choudhury

Luke Fisher

David Gurnsey

Claire Hatch

Laura Henn

Andi Matyas

Arran North

Matt Parker

Vishnu Parmar

Rhys Paul

Ida Pettersen

Gareth Rumming

James Smith

Thursday Evening Group
[Examples coming soon]

2 comments:

  1. My favourite story telling website is by far Claire's - really nice; clean and simple... lets the content do the speaking!!... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. V impressed with Davids virtual tour; spot on! Only think I would have added is some video to make it complete.

    ReplyDelete